Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pacquiao, Vargas meet face to face in final press conference

Former multi-division world champion Manny Pacquiao and WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas faced off at the final press conference before their PPV showdown on Saturday at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas


Manny Pacquiao: I thought I wouldn’t see you again, but now I’m here to continue my journey and all I can say for this fight is I respect Vargas and his team, how dedicated they are. I feel what he’s feeling right now because I’ve been there when I was 27 years old, 28 years old, and how hungry I was. What I’m thinking when I prepared for this fight was I have to make sure I’m in condition, work hard even though I’m working in the office. It’s not easy being a senator working in the office and being a boxer while you’re training. It’s hard, but it’s a good thing when you are happy and enjoying it.

Jessie Vargas: I had a great training camp. This has been my best to date. I’m very happy with my team, they’re bringing out the best in me. I said before my last fight and we’re planning on outdoing that performance. We’re looking stronger, faster, we’ve over-exceeded every aspect in training when it comes to speed, power, intelligence in the ring, ring savvy. We have a strong hook, we have a strong right, either way. If he wants to sneak over to the right we’ll catch him there, if he wants to sneak over to the left we’ll get him there. So we’re ready. I can’t be any more ready than this.
(Report from fightnews.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment