Friday, June 22, 2018

I’m a Viber FIFA 'chatbot' participant

“FIFA stands for discipline, respect, fair-play, not just on the field of play, but in our society as well.”
-- Sepp Blatter

By Alex P. Vidal

NEW YORK CITY
-- The Philippine National Police (PNP) in Western Visayas has set up two hotlines where Ilonggos can use directly to call and report abuses committed by organic PNP members, especially those involved in illegal drugs.
Because some lawmen are still in cahoots if not directly involved in criminal activities, the Police Regional Office 6 (PRO-6), headed by Chief Superintendent John Bulalacao, has to belabor creating the hotlines for the organization’s bad eggs instead of using the hotlines directly for Ilonggos to report certain criminal activities unfolding or about to unfold in the communities.

-o0o-

If only all the Filipino cops are honest and well-disciplined, the two PRO-6 hotline numbers 09989673651 and 09985629523 would be used to accommodate only calls or text messages from Good Samaritans or “concerned citizens” to track down the real lawbreakers wearing civilian cloths, not a police uniform.
The fact that the hotlines were established purposely for the rogue cops means the PNP has acknowledged that the serpents in paradise and the snakes in the forest have not been totally stamped out within the ranks.

-o0o-

I have accepted the invitation of Viber to participate in its World Football Chatbot.
As a “participant”, I get daily match reminders, predict results, collect points and challenge my friends during the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia from June 14 to July 15.
And if “I want to make it interesting”, I can take part in the global competition and win daily prizes for spot-on predictions.
If I am lucky to earn most points I can win the grand prize: VIP tickets and trip to see FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid in Spain. Wow.
Because I was interested, I agreed to tap “Yes, I agree” to accept terms and enter the prize winning competition.

-o0o-


For a start, in the matches scheduled on June 22, I picked Brazil over Costa Rica with a score of 1-0 in Group E; Nigeria over Iceland with a score of 1-0 in Group D; Serbia over Switzerland with a score of 2-0 also in Group E.
Also, in the matches scheduled on June 23, I picked Belgium over Tunisia (1-0) in Group G; Korea Republic and Mexico a draw (0-0) in Group F; Germany over Sweden (1-0) also in Group F.
I am not a Nostradamus of soccer, but I hope I’ll win. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment