Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Prayer to please God rather than men

“I close my eyes, then I drift away, into the magic night I softly say. A silent prayer, like dreamers do, then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.” Roy Orbison

By Alex P. Vidal

FATHER, we leave 2014 with great enthusiasm and optimism for 2015.
We desire to please You rather than men.
Forgive us for loving the approval and the praise and glory that come from men (instead of and) more than the glory that comes from You. (We value our credit with You more than credit with men).
We declare that we are free from the fear of men, which brings a snare. We lean on, trust in and put our confidence in You.
We are safe and set on high.

COMFORT

We take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, “The Lord is our Helper, we will not be seized with alarm (we will not fear or dread or be terrified).
What can man do to us?
Father, just as you sent Jesus, You have sent us.
You are ever with us, for we always seek to do what pleases You.
In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment